This policy explains the way we collect and use the personal information that we collect from you in the course of providing Products and Services to you. We will protect and maintain your privacy in accordance with this policy. This policy forms part of and shall be read together with all other terms and conditions applicable to The Forest Adventures Service that you use.
If we make any changes to this policy, we will notify you by posting the changes on www.theforestadventures.com. If you continue to use the Services after such posting, you will be regarded as having agreed to those changes. If you do not agree to such changes, you may terminate your relavant Services contract with us.
In this policy:-
The meaning of general words is not limited by specific examples introduced by "including or "for example" or "such as" or similar expressions.
"personal information" means any information in our possession or control that relates directly or indirectly to you (or any other individual) to the extent that you (or the other individual) are identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in our possession;
"process" includes the handling of personal information such as collecting, recording, storing, using and disclosing.
"Services" means any service or products offered by CliQers Sdn Bhd (trading as The Forest Adventures, Reg Co. number 1041202-V);
"Our Websites" means The Forest Adventures Website and any other Websites or portals that we own or operate.
Agreement to processing of your personal information
By providing your personal information or obtaining the Services or by visiting or using Our Websites, you acknowledge and consent to your personal information being processed by us and disclosed to third parties according to this policy.
If you provide personal information about someone other than yourself (for example about your family members if you have acquired and is responsible for a Service that they will use). We rely on you to inform them that you are providing their personal information to us and to ensure they have consented to you giving us their information. By giving their personal information, you are regarded to have obtained their consent for disclosure of their personal information to us.
Types of personal information we collect
The personal information we collect include:-
- Your name, address, email;
- Your child and/or children's name, month of birth and gender;
- Your bank account and/or credit/debit card details;
- Your personal interests and preferences for particular products, services or lifestyle activities when you tell us what they are or when we assume what they are based on how you use our Services;
- Your contact with us, such as an email or letter you send to us, and other records of any contact you have with us;
- Your account information, such as dates of payment owed and received; and any other information to do with your account
Obligatory or voluntary personal information
Your personal information that we collect may be obligatory or voluntary. The information which are required in the registration form (marked with *) are examples of obligatory information that you need to provide to enable us to process your application and subsequently provide Services to you. Other obligatory information includes the information referred to above under "Types of personal information we collect". Such personal information is collected automatically and if you do not agree to provide such obligatory information we will not be able to provide the relevant Services or we may limit the provision of the relevant Services.
Sensitive personal information
We generally do not require sensitive personal information about your for the provision of Service to you unless required by applicable laws. If you do not want sensitive personal inforamtion collected, please do not submit it. "sensitive personal information" includes any personal information as to the physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of any offence.
Way of collecting personal information
Your personal information is collected through various methods and channels directly from you or from our own records of how you use our Services or from third parties, including:-
- When you complete The Forest Adventures registration, service order, direct debit form or similar forms;
- When you use Our Websites;
- When you ask us for more information about a product or service or contact us with a question or complaint;
- When you make payment to us;
- From a related company of The Forest Adventuresl
- From third parties like credit reporting agencies, fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- From publicly availble sources of information like market research providers and business directories;
- When you visit The Forest Adventures Websites, online store, Facebook page and other pages that we own and manage;
- When you visit external pages through our portals;
- When you submit your personal information through The Forest Adventures Website;
- When you enter any contests or promotions or respond to our surveys or questionnaires or request information from us;
- From parties that we nominate or appoint either solely or with other service providers, for purposes of establishing and maintaining a common database where we have a legitimate common interest.
Purpose of collection and processing personal information
We process your personal information for purposes which are necessary or related to the provision of our Services including the following:-
- to process your application to become a customer;
- to provide the Services to you;
- to conduct planning, provisioning and billing for the Services provided by us;
- to protect and defend our rights or property and the interests of our customers or others;
- to establish and maintain a common database of our customers with other service providers or with parties nominated by us;
- to keep you informed generally about our new products and services and to contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services;
- to provide the relevant service or product to you, which includes other services not included in your agreement with and to contact you with service-related messages about changes to the service or product;
- to inform you know about products and services offered by other companies (including offers and discounts that we have specially negotiated for our customers) that we think may interest you;
- to send public service announcements or seasonal greetings messages either on our behalf or on behalf of third parties wheom we think may interest you;
- to understand how our different customers use our products and services so we can develop relevant products and services for our customers, as well as personalise the products and services we offer you;
- carry out research and statistical analysis on customer use of our products and services to develop new products and services;
- to comply with regulatory requirements and to provide assistance to law enforcement, judicial or other government agencies;
- to deal with enquiries or complaints and other customer care activities relating to our products or services;
- for the purpose of preventing or detacting a crime, or for the purpose of investigations or to recover debts or trace those who owe us money;
- if required or authorized by or under any law or by the order of a court; and
- to manage and improve our products and services; and
- to maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems and infrastructure;
Classes of third parties who may have access to your personal information
in the course of providing you with our Services, your personal information may be disclosed to certain third parties that The Forest Adventures works with. Some examples of these third parties are:-
- Our service and content providers and contrators who are involved in delivering any part of our Services to you;
- Our partners that work with us to provide our Services or that market and sell our Services;
- Our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors, on a need to know basis;
- Payment channels including financial institutions for purposes of maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit and faciitating payments of any amount due to us;
- Parties that we appoint or with other service providers to establish and maintain a common database where we have a legitimate common interest;
- Law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, Courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- Regulatory, government bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function, under any law or in relation to any order or judgement of a court or for the purpose of detection or prevention of crime, unlawful activities or fraud or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, or an investigation relating to any of these
- Any organization that buy us or if we are reorganized or if we sell any part of our business or assets where any personal information we hold about you will be transferred;
- Other service providers when you have made calls over or used their networks, for billing and service resolution purposes.
Your right to access or update/correct your personal information or withdraw your consent
If your are an individual:-
- you may request for access to personal information that we hold about you;
- you may request for personal information that we hold about you to be updated if you discover that it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date;
- you may withdraw your consent to the processing of any personal information that we hold about you, by writing to:-
||: Customer Relation Manager
||: +603 6203 7733
||: +603 6203 0787
||: L-5-10, Solaris Mont Kiara, No 2. Jalan Solaris, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
If you request for access to the personal information, we will endeavour to revert with your request within fourteen (14) days upon receipt of your request. We may charge a fee for fulfilling your request. Please be aware that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with the Services you want and this may lead to termination of any contract that we have with you for such Services.
There are some exceptions by law where we may refuse your request for access or correction of personal information. We will notify you accordingly in such an event.
Accuracy of your personal information
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting us.
Transfer of personal information to places outside Malaysia
We may need to transfer your personal information to a place outside Malaysia if our suppliers or service providers involved in any part of our provision of Services to you are located outside of Malaysia or if you use the Services while visiting countries outside Malaysia. We will take resonable precautions to ensure that any such suppliers or service providers are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the Services.